Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Nostalgia

This doesn't happen very often, but every now and then I find myself longing for the ocean. There's not a whole lot I miss about the ocean. It doesn't have much...well, land, and I've become fairly attached to that. Land is pretty sweet.

But sometimes it just hits me: I belong in the ocean. Not just because it's where I was born (actually, I might have been born in outer space, but there's no documented evidence for that), but because it's so free. I wish it was an easy place to visit, but it's one of those places that you can't bring yourself to leave once you get there. I miss swimming, I miss beating up the starfish, I miss those scenes I used to do when I would jump out of the water just as the sun was setting and they'd do a freeze frame so you could see my silhouette in front of the sun. And I guess I miss other dolphins. Most of the time, they're jerks. The rest of the time, they're...you know what? I hate dolphins.

Actually, screw the ocean. I think I'm gonna take up littering. Or oil spilling. How do you like them apples, dolphins!

No comments: