Sunday, May 28, 2006

Impressing the Ladies

Today I woke up to discover a message on my Facebook profile's wall from a high school kid named Avi. Or maybe he's not high school anymore. I don't know. But he broke one of my cardinal rules of respect for Facebook. He asked me to write on his wall. I don't think it's cool to make that request. You should just wait for it to happen. Granted, I don't write on anyone's wall unless they ask me to, but that's beside the point. So I wrote on his wall. He wanted advice on how to "impress chicks." This is what I wrote.

Flipper's advice column, episode #1.

So you want to impress the ladies. This isn't something I can explain well in a letter, but we'll give it a shot. It's also difficult because I don't really have a method. Ladies like me because I am famous and because I am a dolphin. Getting famous is hard; becoming a dolphin is harder, and I definitely don't recommend it (see that South Park where Kyle's dad becomes a dolphin--that scared the hell out of me). So if you want to impress the ladies but aren't famous or a dolphin, there's not a lot I can tell you. You could save some lives, I guess, but I've seen too many nerdy coast guards save lives and fail to get a lady to think that that's an effective method. I really think the best way for a non-famous non-dolphin to get a lady's attention is go Miami Vice. That's right. Stubble, pastels, undercover narcotics work. If Don Johnson can do it, anyone can.

Oh crap. Here comes the squid.

Your pal,
Flipper.


I can't tell if I was serious about the Don Johnson thing. Whether or not I was, I hope he does it.

No comments: