Monday, May 01, 2006

Ask Flipper...Again

Thanks everybody for your outpouring of questions! I've received dozens of replies, and they're all much more interesting than I expected. Take this one, for instance, from Mark.

Can you tell me what you slapped those douchebag hippies with? Like,
was it your tail? Or your long mouth? Or your huge genitalia?


Before we get to the actual question, I feel like I should clarify something about dolphin anatomy. It is actually very difficult for a dolphin to move his head in a side-to-side fashion that would result in slapping someone with the "bottlenose" (which, thank you Mark, is actually a mouth). It involves a full-body motion that most dolphins tend to avoid, except for extremely dangerous situations and parties.

But to answer your question, I actually slapped the hippies with fins. Considering our positions in that vehicle, the fins were the easily the slappers of choice. After a while, though, I got bored of the same old fin slap, and I started to make it interesting. Sometimes I'd wave them to come nearer so I could tell them a secret, but then I'd slap them. Sometimes I used misdirection, waving one fin to keep them distracted and then slapping them with the other. There's really no end to the fun one can have playing with hippies.

Thanks for the question, Mark, and the rest of you remember to send your questions to flippersmailbag@gmail.com!

No comments: