Thursday, November 30, 2006

Ask Flipper: The Return

In the months I spent away from this blog, I still received questions meant for my "Ask Flipper" advice column. I've actually received over 200 messages, and that number grows by the day, which I find astonishing considering I get an average of 2 readers a day. But now that I've returned, I can once again help you with your concerns, ease your pain, and make fun of you.

Dear Flipper,
Last semester I fell in love with my Money and Banking professor. After careful consideration, I wanted to take it to the next level - I emailed him, gushing over how much I enjoyed his class - that he was the best economics professor I'd ever had. I commented on the perfect fit of his fleece pullovers, and how much I enjoyed his thoughtful chin/neck tugs during question and answer time.

His reply was simply:
"Nana,
Glad you enjoyed the course. Hope you enjoy your next semester.
Professor"

Is he into me?

Nana Bee


Dear Nana Bee,
Most people will tell you no, and they might be right, but can you afford to take that chance? Professors are usually very subtle or very shy, so yours probably just can't bring himself to say he loves you. "Glad you enjoyed the course," could mean "I really like you too." "Hope you enjoy your next semester," would be, "I'm free on Friday, stop by my office." I'm not saying he's definitely into you; professors can also totally forget about romantic subtext. But I think you should strike while the iron's hot, if you get my drift.

Unfortunately, since it's been exactly two months since you asked this question, your professor is probably dead. Sorry!


You can send your questions to flippersmailbag@gmail.com!

No comments: