Thursday, December 07, 2006

Vincent van Blog

I just got a site tracker a little while ago, and the results are disturbing. I'm currently averaging less than three visits a day. It's not that I care about number of readers--I've gotten over the vanity phase of blogging--but I really expected my agent or publicist to get the word out a little better. I don't care if I'm washed up. For the amount I'm paying these people, I should have at least 500,000 hits per day. One for every dollar.

I would have thought that blogging is like art: you have to die before you get any attention. But I already faked my death, and nothing happened! What more does it take? My real death? Fat chance, web culture elite. I'm here til the Apocalypse, even if it means nobody ever reads my blog. At least I'll have a beard as long as the Nile.

Yes, dolphins can grow beards. We are mammals.

No comments: