Tuesday, March 07, 2006

This Is Why We're Endangered

At least I think we're endangered. Whatever.

Apparently, another zoo dolphin died. Let me be the first to say that this is a load of crap. Dolphins don't just "die" in zoos, people kill them. Countless years of abuse at the hands of zookeepers and patrons alike. I've been there. Well, not exactly, but I have friends who have, and it's humiliating.

What offends me most is the name the zoos give us. Rio? Come on. That's just demeaning. And Harley? Do we even marginally resemble motorbikes? Didn't think so. I know nothing can match the heroic and regal moniker of Flipper, but you'd think they'd try a little harder.

EDIT: I've just been informed that Flipper was a name passed onto me by the opressors. Henceforth I shall be known as Kakakyak.

EDIT, part 2: Nuts to that. I'm sticking with Flipper.

No comments: